This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item from these links I may receive a small commission which helps me write more content for this blog.
Hey guys! How was your weekend? Mine was wonderful! We enjoyed great weather and most of all we enjoyed just staying home and hanging out with the family. No errands to run, no parties to attend, no major shopping needed. I just love those kinds of weekends don’t you?
Since we spent the weekend at home I spent most of my time either out by the pool or in the kitchen whipping up something yummy. I love to cook when I want to and not because I have to. Does that make sense? You know, when you have the time to prep and cook a delicious meal or treat, and you’re not trying to throw something together in 15 minutes and hope your family likes it?
Anyhow, it got me thinking… I sure am thankful for some things in my kitchen. Some items just make cooking and cleaning easier and more pleasant.
So here they are… these are my top 6 items I just can’t live without in my kitchen.
My Absolute Favorite Kitchen Items
1. Vitamix – Ah… my vitamix. Oh how I love my Vitamix. Believe me when I say I was very apprehensive about purchasing a $500 blender. I mean, who needs a $500 blender? We never even used our cheap blender all that often. But as I stood there in the store and watched the demonstration of the Vitamix whipping up ice cream, hot soups, and healthy drinks right before my eyes, I was sold! I have had this Vitamix for a few years now and it has been worth every penny. It is still going strong and takes on every task I toss it’s way.
I use my Vitamix almost every day. I use it to puree fruits for my Agua Fresca Recipes. My kids & I make ice cream using strawberries and carrots (they’d never know the carrots were in there if they didn’t help me make it). I puree beans for my smoked sausage, white bean & kale soup recipe, I make hot tomato soup with it, and just about every day I use to it make my protein smoothies.
It is quick and easy to use and cleans up in a breeze. I’m telling you it is well worth every penny. I have gotten so much use out of this thing over the past few years! You can pick one up here for $100 less than what I paid for the exact same one! Vitamix has a 10 year full warranty including the cost of shipping. These things are built to last and if for some reason yours doesn’t, send it back and get a new one, no cost to you. I doubt that will be a problem though.
2. Boos board – My Boos Board is another one of those items I use almost daily. I purchased this one here which is quite large. It’s 24″ x 18″ and 2.25″ thick! I absolutely love the thickness of this board! I’ve had other cutting boards that were thinner and honestly they don’t last me. I don’t know if it’s because I use them so much or maybe don’t take care of them quite like I should but they usually end up splitting and cracking. This boos board has lasted quite a while and has held up nicely, it also looks beautiful on my counter. If you decide to get a boos board make sure to pick up the mystery oil and board cream set so that you can properly take care of your board.
I love these boos boards so much that I just ordered this Walnut Wood Boos Board. Walnut is my favorite wood and it will match beautifully with my new Charcuterie Board I recently had made for me (you can check that out here). If you want to try the John Boos brand cutting boards but want one a little smaller than mine, try out this Walnut Wood Boos Board. It’s smaller and has a pretty walnut color!
3. White Cast Iron 6 Qt. Round Casserole – This pot is my baby! This is probably my favorite thing in my kitchen. Is that weird?
It cooks evenly, cleans easily, and looks beautiful on my stove! When I clean this pot I put it right back on the stove, I don’t even put it away. I just love it! I purchased a smaller 3 qt. round in white as well but honestly I don’t use it as often. This White Cast Iron 6 Qt. Round Casserole is used just about every day and still looks beautiful. I am a big fan of those one pot recipes and this is my go to pot for them. I cook up one pot wonder pasta’s, soups, chili’s, and more! I can’t say enough good things about this pot!
4. Bath & Body Works Candle – My neighbor got me hooked on these. We cook and eat a lot of fish in my house and these candle’s are great at getting rid of that salmon smell. My favorites are the fall seasonal scents but every season has their good smelling candles. Sign up for bath & body works emails and you will get great coupons right in your inbox. I never ever purchase these candles unless there’s a sale and I have a coupon. Then I stock up and put them in my pantry.
5. Espresso and 10-cup Drip Coffee Machine – I just recently ordered and received this espresso/drip coffee maker. So far I’m loving it. My husband and I absolutely love coffee! We even drink it at night when we watch our favorite shows on television. I had been wanting an espresso machine forever! But honestly I don’t have time to whip up Espresso’s in the morning, it’s more of a weekend, evening treat. So I picked this machine because for the price it had the best reviews, and it is a dual purposed machine! I still need my drip coffee in the morning that I can set a timer for and pour into my tall coffee mug to take to work in the morning. But now having the ability to make espresso’s on the weekend is something I love, and all with only one machine! Maybe in the future I’ll be able to splurge on one of those fancier espresso machines but for now this one is a great buy!
6. Mrs Meyers 3ct Kitchen Set – Mrs. Meyers made my list because if you can’t tell by my candle obsession I absolutely love good smelling things! Maybe it’s the aromatherapy? But when I have to clean my kitchen or do dishes, it makes me so much happier to do so when things are smelling great! Mrs. Meyers has the best smelling products out there. Not to mention they are made without all of the harsh chemicals that standard kitchen cleaners have. My Favorite scent of all is the basil, but the seasonal peony scent that is out right now smells wonderful too. They even have a hand soap + hand lotion gift set out right now in the peony scent, how cute is that!
Well there you have it guys! These are my absolute favorite kitchen items! I decided to write about these things because let’s be honest, the kitchen, for most people anyways, is the heart of the home. We spend so much time in this room between cooking, cleaning and eating, that we might as well use things that make us happy doing so. When things are pretty, smell nice, and work wonderfully, it makes kitchen chores so much easier!
What are some of your must have kitchen items? Have something you recommend? I’d love to hear about it in the comments! I am always looking for things that will make my life easier and more enjoyable!
Like this post? Share with your friends and don’t forget to sign up below to get my latest posts straight to your inbox!.