Ok guys, I know it’s only April. But I am already looking forward to some fun in the sun! I know I will probably regret this once the temps hit 100 degrees but for now I’m saying bring on the sun!
This weekend we’re supposed to have some nice weather. Nice enough to heat up the pool and hang out in the yard. When we are hanging out outside there are 2 things I want, something good to snack on and something yummy to sip on.
My husband usually makes his secret salsa recipe, so with that I like to make a few different drinks to help cool down in the heat. Chips and salsa and a refreshing fruity drink just scream summer to me. Below are my favorite summertime drinks! I hope you try them out and enjoy!
Basil Lemonade: My quick and easy go to when I don’t have time to chop and blend fruit is a simple Basil Lemonade. Basil is such a delicious accompaniment to lemonade. Have you ever tried it? If not, don’t be scared, live a little and toss some basil in your lemonade! Now, I’m too lazy to sit and squeeze lemons for fresh lemonade so yes I use the good old powdered Country Time Lemonade. If you squeeze your own then I bet it will be even better! ** Some people even like to toss in a sliced piece of jalapeno. Try that if you like it spicy!
Agua Fresca: Agua fresca’s are simply, fresh water. Basically its any fruit that you love, puree’d and added to water, with a few squeezes of lime. This gives your normal ice water a flavor boost and adds some nutrients to it as well! My favorites are papaya and watermelon. Now my kids hate papaya, so I usually only make that one when they’re not around. The watermelon is my go to drink for the family and it is absolutely delicious! It’s so delicious you should make sure to make a lot of it because it goes quickly. Cantaloupe also make a very delicious agua fresca.
Agua Fresca Recipe
- 1 medium to large papaya, watermelon, or cantaloupe (cantaloupe can be shredded and added to the water instead of pureed. It’s your preference)
- 2 limes
- Sugar to taste (optional – I never add sugar)
- Peel, chop & puree your fruit.
- Strain your puree’d fruit into a pitcher. Make sure any chunky bits are in the strainer and not in your pitcher.
- Squeeze the juice of the 2 limes into your pitcher
- Fill with regular water or sparkling water, whichever you prefer (I always use flat water)
- Serve over ice and garnish with mint.
Cucumber Lime Coconut Water
Cucumber Lime Coconut Water: This one is so yummy when eating spicy foods. There is something so refreshing about coconut water & cucumbers!
Cucumber Lime Coconut Water Recipe
- 1 lb. cucumbers
- 3-4 limes
- 3 cups coconut water
- sugar to taste (I usually add about 1tbs of sugar)
- Peel, chop and puree cucumbers like agua fresca recipe above.
- Strain cucumbers into pitcher
- add the coconut water
- add juice of limes. (start with 3, taste it and add the 4th if you need it)
- add sugar
- mix up and serve over ice
Mango Mint Cooler
Mango Mint Cooler: This one is yummy! It’s not as healthy as the others because of the 7up but it’s a great once in a while drink or when serving a crowd.
Mango Mint Cooler Recipe
- Peel, de-bone and chop 4-5 mangos
- Puree mangos and strain into pitcher
- Add 2 liter of 7up to pitcher until full
- Squeeze juice of 1 lime
- Serve over ice and garnish with mint sprigs
Ok that rounds up my favorite fruity, delicious and refreshing summertime drinks post! You really can make these anytime obviously but there’s something so refreshing about drinking these when it’s warm outside. Do you have any favorite drinks that you mix up? I always love trying new things so let me know in the comments what you enjoy drinking.
Like this post? Share with your friends and don’t forget to sign up below to get my latest posts straight to your inbox!.